Sunday, November 24, 2013

WIP (work in progress) of Jocy in a straw hat

I re started this photo 5X in the last ten days...


It is finally coming together, but I still have a long way to go.  I need to look at it on the PC so I can "see" some of my mistakes.  Thought I would share these photos with you.

Bristol Vellum
Prismacolor Premier pencils
Faber Castell Polychromos
Icarus board

First I built up layers using colored pencil:












Decided to start the eyes because she was looking like a burn victim:



 Tried to get a feel for what the sunlight through the hat will look like:



Started using the heat from the Icarus board to model the face:


Lets see what lips will do...




Used Colourfix primer and a piece of screen to make hatch marks for the straw hat:


Blocked in the main colors for the hat...This is where I am right now :) It is only about half done, but will probably need to wait till after Thanksgiving now :( I am really terrified to start the teeth!



1 comment: